Curious about my work? Here’s a list of some of my publications, partnerships, and client projects. Some pieces carry my byline; others were ghostwritten. Don’t see what you’re looking for? Contact me for more samples or info.
B2B Marketing Content
MotionPoint, a global website translation company, is in the process of shifting its content marketing. While some details of this work—such as email campaigns—are proprietary, many of the articles, infographics, landing pages and social media posts I’ve ghostwritten and/or edited are publicly available. Here are examples.
- How to Avoid Making Translation Faux Pas in Your Marketing – article
- Striking the Right Balance – article
- Benefits of the Proxy Approach for Website Translations – article
- Website Translation vs. Localization – article
- Localization and Customization of Global Websites – article
- The Technologist’s Guide to Choosing a Website Translation Solution – landing page
- U.S. Healthcare Organizations Shouldn’t Ignore Spanish Speakers – infographic
- Word Growth and How It Impacts the Customer Experience – infographic
- The Value of Translating Omnichannel Content – infographic
Social Media Tulsa (SMTulsa) is a local/regional organization that brings small businesses, nonprofits, and individuals together to share social media best practices. I have participated in with the group since 2013, writing the press release for their annual conference, managing their Facebook account during the conference, and writing photo captions.
These are samples of clients who focus on serving the needs of fellow business owners. One is a packaging company that works with small, medium, and large-sized businesses to create specialized product packaging. The other is a marketing agency specializing in StoryBrand.
I’ve worked with multiple consumer-facing, small-to-midsized companies to write or reinvent their web presence to improve lead-generation and inbound marketing. Here are examples.
B2C Lead Generating PDFs/ebooks/emails
Many of the lead-generating pieces I’ve done are email campaigns. I’m happy to discuss any of those projects in person or on the phone if you’re looking for more details. This short ebook is a sample of the lead-generating writing I do.
With a Master’s degree in teaching and several years of experience as a college freshman writing instructor, I have a strong passion for writing that ties into the educational field.
- Broadening Horizons through Studying Abroad: Oklahoma Magazine
- A Home Away from Home: Oklahoma Magazine
- Changing the Options with New Majors: Oklahoma Magazine
- Smart Learning, Tech in the Classroom: Oklahoma Magazine
- Strong Inside and Out: Groundbreaking Men of Power Program, Oklahoma Magazine
- Oklahoma Technical College: Blog
- Varsity Tutors: Informational Web Materials
Automotive — Aftermarket Car Care
Many of the businesses I’ve written for or about are in the automotive aftermarket care industry — meaning they take care of your car/truck after you buy it. It’s been educational learning about these businesses, as well as how to care for cars properly. Some of the work here is also about running a successful business in general.
- Oil Can Henry’s Franchise Spotlight: National Oil & Lube News
- Jiffy Lube Franchise Spotlight: National Oil & Lube News
- New IRS Fines: National Oil & Lube News
- Social Media 101 for Auto Businesses: National Oil & Lube News
- Direct Deposit for Employees: National Oil & Lube News
- So, You Want to Be (or Hire) a Better Manager: National Oil & Lube News
- RC Auto Specialists: Auto Repair Tips articles
- The Garage: Auto Repair Tips
- Kwik Kar of Tulsa: Blog
Lifestyle & Entertainment
I’ve written multiple articles for local magazines that focus on lifestyle and entertainment. What’s below are only a few examples. I also write for science-fiction websites and magazines, since I love sci-fi. The link to Recursor here showcases more than my writing. I also run the editorial calendar, edit other writers, and help select and post videos to the site.
- Recursor.TV: Science and Science Fiction News
- Protecting Senior Citizens from Fraud: Oklahoma Magazine
- Green Country A-Z: Preview Magazine
- Small Town Heaven: Carlton Landing, Preview Magazine
- New Fight Club: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Preview Magazine
- Arrival of the Fittest: Cross-Fit in Green Country, Preview Magazine
One of my specialties is interviewing personalities—celebrities, business owners, well-known community members, artists, etc.—and bringing out what makes them unique in the profile I write. Here are a few of my favorites so far.
- Fashion Frenzy: Jill Donovan of Rustic Cuff, Preview Magazine
- Wonder Walls: Tulsa Clean Hands Muralists, Preview Magazine
- Ferment to Be: Blind Luck Wines, Preview Magazine
- Courage Under Fire: Famed Football Coach Allan Trimble, Preview Magazine
- Clarifying Life with Art: Charlotte Lough, Oklahoma Magazine
- Saul Paniagua Jr., Executive Chef at Fireside Grill, Tulsa: Preview Magazine
I enjoy giving back to the community and making the world a better place one person at a time. I’ve done quite a bit of charity donor communications—fundraising letters, email campaigns, live blogging charitable events, partner updates, high-donor brochures, and more. Contact me for more details and samples.
Ghostwriting & Book Editing
I’ve included my role below on the books listed here.
- Freedom to Endure, Rhonda Kulczyk — editor
- A Harvest of Aliens, John Wilson Berry — editor
- Experience the Power of Art, Richard Bohm — ghostwriter/editor
- Peace in a Troubled World, Richard Roberts — ghostwriter
- Unstoppable Increase, Richard Roberts — ghostwriter
- Let’s Go Fishing, Marcus Whitman — editor
- Called of God, Kenneth W. Hagin — ghostwriter
- Overflow, Kenneth W. Hagin — ghostwriter
- Read, Pray & Obey, Lindsay Roberts — editor
- I AM God, Vince Anderson — editor
- Sacred Intimacy, Isaac and Wendy Schaeffer — editor
- Sip and Nibble, Jenniffer Welliver — editorial consultant
Corporate Brainstorming & Product Iteration
For several years, as opportunities have arisen, I have worked as part of a think tank for various ProdigyWorks consulting projects. Past clients have included a variety of Fortune 500 companies. Some of the projects I’ve participated in include:
- Naming a new upscale coffee drink to be sold in places like Whole Foods
- Imagining new hairstyling products to expand the offerings of a popular, affordable hairstyling product manufacturer
- Ideating new candy options to fit with a product line sold largely on end-caps and on the racks next to the cashier line
- Creating concepts for new breakfast items that would appeal to people who want something healthy but also want something easy to enjoy on the go